5 Reasons Why Volunteering for Useful Vision is an Amazing Opportunity…
Want to have fun, make friends, and give back to your community? Volunteering for Useful Vision, the North East’s leading registered charity supporting visually impaired children, might be just what you’re looking for! Here are five reasons why volunteering with us is a fulfilling & meaningful opportunity:
1. You Can Make a Difference: Useful Vision offers the uniquely rewarding opportunity to positively benefit the lives of visually impaired children and their families. By offering your time, skills, and enthusiasm, you’ll create a lasting impact. You can help with all sorts including:
Welcoming families to our events
Providing encouragement to ensure everyone can participate
Chatting with the children while engaging them in a range of activities
Making cups of tea or serving refreshments
Handing out tickets, maps, or wristbands
Setting up equipment
Getting stuck in to games and sports
Helping us with fundraising challenges
Additionally, if you have any particular skills or talents, from pottery to theatre, we would love to hear from you! As a volunteer, you’ll be an essential part of the team, helping to create a welcoming and inclusive environment for families and children to enjoy. With your friendly and motivated attitude, you can make a real difference in the lives of those who need it most. So why not come and join us today and experience the joy of volunteering with Useful Vision?
2. You’ll Develop New Skills: Volunteering with us allows you to hone new skills to add to your CV, such as communication, teamwork, and leadership. Plus, you get valuable experience working with children, which can be particularly important if you’re thinking about a career in teaching, social work, or healthcare. We also offer Visual Impairment Awareness and Child Safeguarding Training to ensure that our team is equipped to ensure the safety and wellbeing of all participants. If you’re looking to get back into work, finding your first job, or starting university, volunteering with us could be the ideal stepping stone – we’re happy to provide glowing references for our dedicated volunteering community!
3. You’ll Meet New People: Volunteering is a great way to make new friends too! You’ll be working alongside others who are just as passionate as you are, and you’ll get to meet the families who benefit from our services. Volunteering can also be a fantastic opportunity to socialise and make new connections with people from diverse backgrounds, fostering a sense of community and belonging.
4. It’s Good for Your Wellbeing: Volunteering is good for the soul! It can reduce stress and boost your mood, and it gives you a sense of purpose. You’ll get to give back to your community and make the North East a more inclusive place for visually impaired children and their families. A study published in the BMC Public Health journal found that individuals who volunteered reported higher levels of happiness, self-esteem, and social support than those who did not volunteer. With all the positive benefits jam-packed into volunteering, there’s no reason not to give it a go!
5. You Can Explore More of the North East: Not only will you have the opportunity to positively impact the lives of visually impaired children and their families, but you’ll also get to visit new and interesting places across the region through our exciting range of activities. From Paddleboarding at Cullercoats Bay to seeing a show at Darlington Hippodrome, our programme offers a variety of entertaining and engaging experiences for both participants and volunteers. While helping families make amazing memories, you can get stuck into activities such as kayaking, cookery, and arts n crafts and so much more! Our volunteering opportunities are flexible – you don’t need to commit to a certain number of hours, meaning you can pick and choose which activities suit you!
Volunteering with Useful Vision is a fantastic way to give back to your community, make a real difference in the lives of visually impaired children, and gain valuable skills and experience along the way. From meeting new people to exploring the North East and improving your wellbeing, the benefits of volunteering with us are endless! Click here to sign up today.